Monday, June 12, 2006

Tony Shaloub's Dog

I'm contemplating cutting my hair short again. I swore that I wouldn't cut the length of my hair (trims are okay) until I finished my dissertation, but I fear I may end up looking like Crystal Gayle, given the slow rate of progress on the dissertation front. And I really like short hair. And I really need a haircut.

On Saturday, Dave and I sat outside sipping coffee and reading magazines, if you can call my flipping through a magazine looking at different hairstyles reading. An adorable little Golden Retriever puppy ambled up to me, and I said, "Hey Buddy!" and patted him on the head, all without looking up from the dumb hairdo magazine. I watched the little puppy run off to hang out with an old Chow who was exactly the same color as the Golden and then returned to my Quest for the Perfect Haircut.

Then I heard a voice, maybe a bit Monkish, maybe a bit like Tech Sgt. Chen, and I noticed that the guy walking the dog bore an incredible resemblance to Tony Shaloub.

So I said to Dave, "Hey, that guy looks exactly like Tony Shaloub. He even sounds exactly like Tony Shaloub. Wouldn't it be funny if Tony Shaloub walked by and I was more interested in his puppy than in him?"

To which Dave replied, "Karen, that is Tony Shaloub."

No comments: