Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Knitting Machine

I've been a knitting addict lately. Two purses, a pair of fingerless gloves, and some arm warmers have all spilled off my needles. It's a way to feel productive while wasting time in front of the TV. And if this doesn't completely capture the guilt of underproductivity that plagues all grad students, I don't know what does. It isn't okay to just watch TV to zone out for a while - No! - my hands must be busy even if my brain isn't.

Still, the chapter plods along. Getting close to the end now.

And theatre stuff is picking up, too. I'm starting to make some good contacts here and am beginning work on a crazy Evel Kneivel inspired piece as well as a staged reading. I think I'm getting out of the bike shop just in time to make some things happen.

All of which means I am feeling a bit more grounded here lately. Could it be that I am starting to become an Angeleno?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

A note of caution-- I was a knitting machine all through the second half of my pregnancy and developed a whopping case of carpal tunnel. I guess that's what I get for being bored. :)