Wednesday, October 11, 2006

I'm Back!

I'm finally back in LA with my grey baby, now aptly dubbed Sir Pukes A Lot, and my toothachy boyfriend. Despite the piles of vomit to clean and the constant pain to Dave's mouth that breaks my heart, I'm so happy to be home! Even better, I'm not scheduled to take any planes for the rest of the month.

I had a whirlwind trip to Minnesota, where I saw just about everyone and finally settled the ongoing legal situation which you understand I still shouldn't talk about.

After a few days of recovery, it's time to get back to work, which is an especial bummer because work entails writing the introductory chapter to my diss - the chapter I dread - in which I lay out and contextualize the theories I am using and articulate my methodology while situating myself in the field. These are all things I hate to do, but must do because it will make the rest of the diss make sense and really help with the revisions. Suffice it to say that I have a long haul ahead of me on this chapter, but you know, I'd really like to one day finish this thing and call myself doctor and all, so I'll just suck it up and spit it out.

In other news, I am addicted to the yahoo game Inspector Parker, meaning my procrastination level is at an all time high because I would much rather mindlessly solve some murder mysteries online than sit down and get to work. But work I must, so I'm off to read.

No comments: