Saturday, February 10, 2007

I'll Take Manhattan

Manhattan, Kansas, that is.

Today I finalized my travel plans for the K State Cultural Studies Entertainment Conference coming up at the start of March. Flight, car, hotel. Check, check, check.
But wait, aren't you forgetting something?

Forgetting something? No, I don't think so. I mean, I've even got my hair appointment set for next week and am planning to purchase a couple of new, conference-appropriate outfits after that.

Something big?

No. Nothing. Not at all. Big? What is big?

Really? Think very hard...

Yes! No! Maybe?

Don't you have a paper to write? Isn't that, after all, what you DO at conferences? Deliver papers? Share ideas?

Um, er, yeah, well...
So that's what I'm doing right now. Writing a conference paper. I have 56 words. 56 whole words, 19 of which are a quote from an email. I think it's safe to say that I'm in a bit of an academic rut right now. Thinking is hard! Focusing is even harder! Which is why, upon writing these 56 words, I decided I ought to take a break, do a little blogging to get the creative juices flowing.

It's because of procrastination skills this honed that I don't yet have my PhD.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Hope your conference paper is coming along!